Wednesday 22 May 2013

Camy Shanghai Dumpling

25 Tattersalls Ln
Melbourne, VIC 3000

One-line blog post time! Because I’m being artistic, not lazy. I was also too artistic to bring my proper camera today so I used my iPhone instead. ART. 



We had a double date with Ethan and Jaz at Camy Shanghai Dumpling


Steamed Pork Dumplings ($6.5 for 15)

Steamed Pork Dumplings ($6.5 for 15)

We had some Steamed Pork Dumplings ($6.5 for 15). They were like little chewy boulders with a disconcertingly pink center. 


Shanghai Fried Sliced Rice Cake ($7.9)

Then some Shanghai Fried Sliced Rice Cake ($7.9) which was actually good, with chewy slices topped with fresh veggies and pork. It even had a little wok hei. 


Fried Beef Dumplings ($6.8 for 12)

Fried Beef Dumplings ($6.8 for 12) were also ordered. Chris once again had the description perfect – they tasted like sausage rolls!


Fried Prawn and Eggs with Noodles ($9.5)

And a big bowl of Fried Prawn and Eggs with Noodles ($9.5), which was a big bowl of gluey noodles topped with a huge-ass prawn omelette and soy sauce. 


Pumpkin Cakes ($3.5 for 6)

We finished off with Pumpkin Cakes ($3.5 for 6). They were sweet, chewy, with a crispy coating and a smooth pumpkin puree center.

Rating: 11/20 – hell yeah cheap dodgy food.

The rating reflects my personal experience at the time of visit.

Camy Shanghai Dumpling on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. I was told of how cheap dumplings were at this place, but the quality was absolutely terrible. And checking out that photo of the steamed dumplings with the pink centre.... It looks so concerning :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dumplings were cheap but they were positively dreadful, I wouldn't have eaten the creepy pink dumplings if I didn't have an asian stomach! I'll admit that the rice cakes were quite nice though, but in the end I think I'd rather pay $2 extra for something yummy :D

      Delete
  2. haha, nice review - cheap, dodgy food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! I try to be succint haha ;)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha.. yes i've been there too... good if you're hungry :P your iPhone doesn't take bad photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iPhone and photoshop ;) The new iphone 5 does take some nice photos though, so can't complain!

      Delete